Two Waltzes from Le Bon Truc

Barb and Gary rehearsing. Steve is off to the
left, also rehearsing.
On May 29, Le Bon Truc Trio (Steve Gruverman, Barb Truex, and myself) presented a concert at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Augusta, Maine. Barb recorded the evening and it came out great! So, I'll be posting those recordings sur le blog. Here are two waltzes, each composed by a band member.

Saturday Night in St. Andrew is a beautiful waltz composed by Barb Truex. The dulcimer is well featured, but the accordion comes in and the trio as a whole really shines.



Saturday Night in St. Andrews by Le Bon Truc

Dill Waters Run Steep is a fast waltz I wrote many years ago, but which I still find very fun to play. People who haven't been playing it for fifteen years seem to find it intriguing. Notice that I've left in the false start. It goes on for quite a while as I try to get back on the rails. Finally, I bring the festivities to a halt and restart. Just a little bit "you were there" verisimilitude!


Dill Waters Run Steep by Le Bon Truc

Labels: , , , , ,